Fix Verizon Email Issues with the Right Troubleshooting
Verizon’s email service enjoyed good popularity among its vast user base. Now, it has shifted its service to AOL. But previous Verizon email users can still use their account if they have migrated it. If you are a long-time user of this service, you may have undoubtedly faced issues in its working. It’s important to fix Verizon email issues, which make it difficult for you to access your email. Essentially, the main reasons behind all the email issues are wrong IMAP/POP settings, a forgotten password, or a compromised account. In this article, you’ll discover the different ways in which you can resolve all these issues in your Verizon email.
How to Resolve Verizon Email Problems?
To get the most out of the fixes below, it’s essential for you to ensure that your computer’s OS is updated. Also, run a system scan to check whether your computer is infected with a virus or malware.
Examine the Server of Verizon
You will continue to face problems in accessing your email if the Verizon email server is down. To know about the server status, go to www.downdetector.com. Once here, search for the Verizon email server status. If the status shows down, there’s nothing you can do at your end to fix the issue. You will have to wait till Verizon resolves the problem. Once the status is fine, check your email to see if you can access it properly.
Carry Out a Password Reset
You’ll generally complain of Verizon email not working if you cannot log in. This occurs when you are inputting the wrong login information. if you’ve forgotten your email password, you can reset it. Here is the process of doing so.
- Head to mail.aol.com in your web browser.
- Now, move to the Verizon email login page.
- Once here, choose the ‘Forgot Info’ option.
- Type in your email address on the Forgot Password page.
- Tap’ Continue.’
- Now, adhere to the prompts on the page.
- You will get a temporary password via SMS on the phone number you registered.
- Type on the password received.
- After that, create another password. Ensure that the password is strong.
- Finish the procedure by typing in the new password.
Use Suitable Verizon Server Settings
If you use the wrong server settings, you will undoubtedly complain about Verizon.net email not working. Here is a detailed explanation of the correct Verizon email settings.
- POP 3
- pop.verizon.net is the Incoming mail server.
- smtp.verizon.net is the Outgoing mail server (SMTP).
- Port is 995
- SSL is required.
- SMTP port is 465.
- SSL is required.
- imap.aol.com is the incoming mail server
- 993 is the IMAP port
- SSL is required
- smtp.verizon.net is the Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
- SMTP port is 465.
- SSL is required.
Disable Windows Defender Temporarily
Are you frequently facing Verizon email not working issues? If you’ve installed a robust app like Windows Defender, it can be the reason behind it. Although it’s good for system security, antivirus software can sometimes interrupt the working of various applications.
Here is a stepwise explanation of how to temporarily disable Windows Defender on your Windows 10 operating system.
- Choose the ‘Start’ option.
- Here, input ‘Windows Security.’
- Now, choose Windows Security app from search results.
- After that, head to ‘Virus & threat protection.’
- Now, choose ‘Manage settings.’ It is present under the section of ‘Virus & threat protection settings.’
- Turn the ‘Real-time Protection’ to Off.
- It is important to note here that scheduled scans will keep running. But, newly downloaded or installed files won’t undergo scanning till you schedule the next scan.
Set Up Verizon Email in Gmail
If you are tired of facing Verizon email problems, you can configure it on another email service such as Gmail. It will relieve the problems, and you’ll be assured of facing fewer problems in the future. Here is how to set up Verizon email in Gmail.
- Open the Gmail web app.
- Now, sign into your Gmail.
- After that, tap the ‘Settings’ icon on the top-right part.
- Go to ‘See all settings’ followed by ‘Accounts and Import.’
- Now, tap ‘Add another email address.’
- Input your Verizon Email address.
- Now, tap the ‘Next’ button.
- Type in your Verizon credentials (username and password).
- Choose SSL encryption.
- Select 465 port.
- The outgoing server name is smtp.verizon.net (for Verizon AOL).
- After that, tap ‘Add Account.’
- Gmail will start authenticating to verify your username and password.
- After the successful completion of the authentication, you can use Gmail to send messages from your Verizon email account.
Here are the POP settings to set up your Verizon email account in Gmail.
- Open Gmail. Now, sign in to your account.
- Now, tap the ‘Settings’ icon.
- After that, head to ‘See all settings’ followed by ‘Accounts and Import.’
- Go down till you view the section’ Check mail from another account.’
- Now, tap ‘Add mail account.’
- Input your Verizon address and tap ‘Next.’
- Tap the radio button beside ‘Import emails from my other account (POP3).’
- Now, tap ‘Next.’
- For the incoming mail server, select the 995 port.
- The POP server name is pop.verizon.net (for Verizon AOL).
- Now, tap ‘Add Account.’
- You’ll now get email messages to your Verizon account in your Gmail app.
All the resolutions above will help you fix Verizon email issues that arise frequently. Setting up the email in Gmail is an effective measure to take if you don’t want to face any problems in its working. If you require more assistance with any of the troubleshooting steps, connect with an email technical support service expert.