7 Ways to Celebrate Christmas in Denver
1. Christmas in Denver: A Guide to the Best Holiday Events
The holidays are a special time of year, and there’s no better place to celebrate than in Denver, Colorado. From festive lights and decorations to holiday markets and concerts, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Here are some of the best holiday events in Denver to help get you into the holiday spirit.
1. Denver Parade of Lights
One of the most popular holiday events in Denver is the Parade of Lights. This annual parade features more than 50 floats and marching bands, and it’s sure to get you into the holiday spirit. The parade kicks off at Union Station and makes its way through downtown Denver.
2. Holiday Markets
If you’re looking for unique gifts for your loved ones, Denver’s holiday markets are the perfect place to find them. There are several markets to choose from, including the Denver Christkindl Market, which features German-style goods and entertainment, and the Union Station Holiday Market, which offers local and handmade gifts.
3.Ice Skating at Skyline Park
Get your skate on at Skyline Park, where you can ice skate under the stars. The rink is open daily from November through February, and it’s the perfect place to enjoy a festive activity with friends or family.
4. A Christmas Carol
See a classic holiday tale come to life with a performance of A Christmas Carol at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts. This timeless story is sure to get you into the holiday spirit, and it’s a great way to enjoy some live theatre.
5. Santa’s Village
Take a trip to Santa’s Village at Denver’s Children’s Museum. This festive exhibit features a variety of interactive experiences, including writing a letter to Santa and meeting some of his reindeer. It’s the perfect place to bring the kids to get them excited for Christmas.
6. Holiday Lights Train
Take a ride on the Holiday Lights Train, which departs from Union Station and makes its way through downtown Denver, all while decked out in holiday lights. It’s a festive way to see the city, and it’s sure to get you into the holiday spirit.
7. New Year’s Eve Fireworks
2. Where to Find the Best Christmas Lights in Denver
The holidays are a magical time of year, and one of the best ways to get into the holiday spirit is by admiring all of the beautiful Christmas lights on display. If you’re in the Denver area, you’re in luck, because there are plenty of great places to see holiday lights. Here are a few of the best places to check out Christmas lights in Denver.
One of the best places to see holiday lights in Denver is downtown. The 16th Street Mall is decked out in lights, and there are also great light displays at the Denver Pavilions and Union Station.
The Cherry Creek neighborhood is another great place to see holiday lights in Denver. The Cherry Creek North Shopping District is home to some of the best holiday lights in the city.
City Park is another great place to see holiday lights in Denver. The park is home to the Denver Zoo, and during the holidays, the zoo is illuminated with over a million lights.
The Highlands neighborhood is another great place to see holiday lights in Denver. The neighborhood is home to some of the best shops and restaurants in the city, and during the holidays, the streets are lined with twinkling lights.
These are just a few of the great places to see holiday lights in Denver. No matter where you go, you’re sure to see some amazing displays.
3. Denver Christmas Markets: A Guide
The streets of Denver turn into a winter wonderland every December, and there are plenty of Christmas markets to help get you into the holiday spirit. Here are three of the best:
1. Denver Christkindl Market
This traditional German Christmas market is located in Skyline Park, right in the heart of downtown Denver. It features more than 40 vendors selling everything from handmade gifts and German food to mulled wine and beer. There’s also live music and entertainment, making it the perfect place to spend an afternoon or evening.
2. Union Station Holiday Market
If you’re looking for a more unique Christmas market experience, head to Union Station. This market features local vendors selling everything from artisanal goods to gourmet food. You can also find plenty of holiday gifts, including jewelry, clothes, and home decor.
3. Cherry Creek Holiday Market
The Cherry Creek Holiday Market is one of the largest and most popular markets in Denver. It’s located in the heart of Cherry Creek North and features more than 150 vendors selling everything from holiday gifts to food and drink. There’s also live music and entertainment, making it the perfect place to spend an afternoon or evening.
4. The Best Places to Eat and Drink during Christmas in Denver
The holidays are a great time to enjoy all that Denver has to offer in terms of food and drink. Here are four of the best places to eat and drink during Christmas in Denver:
1. The Squeaky Bean – This New American spot is known for its inventive dishes and great selection of wine and beer. The Squeaky Bean is the perfect place to enjoy a festive meal with friends or family.
2. TAG Restaurant – TAG is a modern American restaurant that offers a unique dining experience. The menu features seasonal and locally sourced ingredients. TAG is the perfect place to enjoy a special holiday meal.
3. Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar – Jax is a seafood restaurant that offers a wide variety of seafood dishes. The menu features both classic and modern seafood dishes. Jax is the perfect place to enjoy a seafood feast this holiday season.
4. Root Down – Root Down is a farm-to-table restaurant that sources its ingredients from local farms. The menu features seasonal and organic dishes. Root Down is the perfect place to enjoy a healthy and delicious holiday meal.
5. How to Spend a Cozy Christmas in Denver
Christmas is just around the corner, and if you’re looking for ways to celebrate in Denver, we’ve got you covered. From festive light displays to cozy fireside dining, here are five ways to spend a cozy Christmas in Denver.
1. Drive or stroll through one of Denver’s many festive light displays.
2. Sip hot cocoa by the fire at one of Denver’s cozy cafes or restaurants.
3. Shop for holiday gifts at one of Denver’s many unique boutiques and shops.
4. Attend a holiday concert or performance at one of Denver’s many venues.
5. Go ice skating at one of Denver’s outdoor ice rinks.
Whatever you choose to do, we hope you have a wonderful Christmas in Denver!
6. A Guide to Denver’s Holiday Attractions
The holidays are a special time of year, and Denver has no shortage of festive activities to help get you into the spirit. From ice skating and sledding to visiting Santa and seeing holiday lights, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Here are six of our favorite holiday attractions in Denver:
1. Ice skating at Skyline Park: Located in the heart of downtown Denver, Skyline Park is the perfect place to go ice skating with friends or family. The rink is open daily from November through February, and skate rentals are available on site.
2. Sledding at Ruby Hill Park: Ruby Hill Park is one of the best places in the city to go sledding, and it’s just a short drive from downtown. The park has a large hill that is perfect for sledding, and there are also several smaller hills for younger kids to enjoy.
3. Visiting Santa at the Denver Zoo: What could be more festive than visiting Santa at the zoo? The Denver Zoo offers a unique opportunity to visit with Santa and some of his animal friends. Santa will be at the zoo from December 1st through 23rd, and you can also purchase tickets to see the zoo’s lights display.
4. Seeing holiday lights at the Denver Botanic Gardens: The Denver Botanic Gardens are even more beautiful during the holidays, when they are decked out in holiday lights. The gardens are open until 9 pm from Thanksgiving through New Year’s Eve, and you can purchase tickets for a one-hour timed entry.
5. Going on a holiday train ride: All aboard! The Denver Holiday Train offers a festive way to see some of Denver’s best holiday lights. The train runs from Thanksgiving through New Year’s Eve, and tickets can be purchased online.
6. Taking a holiday carriage ride: For a truly magical holiday experience, take a horse-drawn carriage ride through downtown Denver. Carriage rides are available from Thanksgiving through New Year’s Eve, and you can book them online in advance.
7. The Best Things to Do on Christmas Day in Denver
Christmas is a special time of year, and Denver is a great place to celebrate. There are plenty of things to do on Christmas Day in Denver, from attending church services to enjoying a festive meal. Here are seven of the best things to do on Christmas Day in Denver:
1. Attend a church service.
There are many churches in Denver that offer special Christmas services. This is a great way to celebrate the holiday and get into the Christmas spirit.
2. Enjoy a festive meal.
Many restaurants in Denver offer special Christmas menus. This is a great way to enjoy a delicious meal and celebrate the holiday with friends or family.
3. Go ice skating.
One of the best things to do on Christmas Day in Denver is to go ice skating. There are several ice rinks in the city, so you can find one that’s convenient for you.
4. Visit Santa.
If you have kids, they’ll probably want to visit Santa Claus on Christmas Day. There are several places in Denver where you can find Santa, so you can take them to see him and get their Christmas wishes.
5. Go on a Christmas lights tour.
One of the best ways to enjoy the Christmas season is to see the beautiful Christmas lights. There are several companies in Denver that offer Christmas lights tours. This is a great way to see the best lights in the city and get into the holiday spirit.
6. Attend a Christmas concert.
There are several Christmas concerts happening in Denver on Christmas Day. This is a great way to enjoy some festive music and get into the holiday spirit.
7. Watch a Christmas movie.
If you’re looking for a festive way to spend Christmas Day, why not watch a Christmas movie? There are many great Christmas movies to choose from, so you’re sure to find one that you’ll enjoy.